So I've noticed that a lot of people say that they can't submit to this group as a member. Not having a subscription myself, I've noticed that non-subscribers are not allowed to be contributors for more than 3 groups. Thus, I'm now allowing stock to be submitted by members.
Contributors have a few changes. They can now:
- Require one vote from the group admins to be a contributor. This is because members now also have extra submission abilities. To be accepted as a contributor - read the paragraph at the bottom of this entry.
- Invite members and other contributors, and 1 vote is needed for acceptance.
- Like before, they can submit unlimited favorites; one vote needed per piece.
- Like before, they can submit unlimited submissions to the gallery; one vote needed per piece.
- Like before, they can submit to the Featured folder. Please submit your stock into the respective folders (e.g. the color of the horse). You can also submit to the Featured folder your BEST photography (that is still stock).
- Like before, contributors can vote on anything coming in for acceptance - we're very lenient with the stock we allow in, but please make sure it's quality stock that follows the category it was submitted in and that is indeed stock.
- Some settings were changed but you probably shouldn't notice too much difference. I'm surprised that much permission was given. O.o
Members have lots more privileges. They can now:
- Submit to 5 pieces of stock per day, which will require two votes of approval from the group admins.
- Suggest unlimited favorites - you can use this if you want to input more pieces of stock, and only one vote of approval is required.
- Cannot submit to Featured folder.
- Like before, all members are automatically accepted.
As a general guide:
We expect the stock that's added to be clear, decent stock of horses or of whatever category it was submitted in. We REQUIRE that the stock you request to be added here to be just that - stock - which means that you must allow others to be able to create manipulations and paintings off your photograph. Otherwise, as Kennelwood said before, you have no one but yourself to blame if your photograph ends up as stock on someone else's picture (from here - unlimitedhorsestock.deviantart…).
Please feel free to note me/reply to this blog post if you have any questions.
edit;; I just stuck everything in the "Featured" folder in their respective colors, so it's all nice and clean for contributors to submit your top stock to. I also cleaned up some of the folders - PLEASE submit them to the right folders! Thank you!
Note: The "other colors" folder is NOT for multiple horses. I've just spent nearly the last 45 minutes cleaning up just that folder. PLEASE USE THE "MULTIPLE HORSES" FOLDER FOR MULTIPLE HORSES. Thank you!
NEW EDIT; 5/10/12</font>
Don't know what happened but now a few of the sections were auto-approved (it shouldn't be so we can verify that they're in the right folders) and permissions were all wonky for Contributors. A few of the folders had limits on submissions, which shouldn't be.
That's been fixed.
I also put a limit on Featured due to it being a Featured folder... please only submit your BEST, not ALL. The limit is 3 a day.
However, the box to check for "Contributors to Vote" is greyed out and I can't do anything about it.
It might be an ability that only new-horizon-stock (Founder) can change... will have to ask about that.
No changes for Members - that looks fine.